Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I've been Hoagie-d!


While wandering past the downtown Dickey’s at lunch, I was drawn to a poster touting their new BBQ Hoagie at the low introductory price of $2.99.

Advertising works.

Intrigued, I strode inside and ordered one so-called brisket hoagie to go.

Back at my office desk I discovered in my Dickey's bag, quite possibly, the world’s smallest hoagie.

This reality collided violently with my perception of a hoagie: A massive, workingman’s two-fisted, City of Brotherly Love sandwich. An intimidating vessel of meat and fixings that commands respect as it emerges from a black metal lunch pail.

I must say my Dickey's "hoagie" was tasty. But I suggest this finger food should not be called a hoagie.

A few possibilities for the good folks at Dickey’s to consider:
--Hoagie, Jr.
--Mini Hogi
--The WeeWich
--TinyHoagie
--ShrinkWich
--Furious FistSized Fast Food
--The BBQuaintWich
--Sliced Dinner Roll with Meat

1 comment:

scott said...

The Faux-gie is pure gold. (Thanks to KO for that bit of genius.)