Saturday, April 03, 2004

Our intrepid traveler checks in from Honk Kong, enroute to Singapore. Just completed the 11.5 hour flight from Rome, on which I saw four movies: Mystic River, Kill Bill Vol.1, Big Fish and The Girl With the Pearl Earring. I recommend them all, however I wanted to throw myself off the plane after watching Mystic River.

I hate Singapore - I do not look forward to returning. It has absolutely no soul - totally sterile. Only there for 24 hours and then on to the sunny shores of Phuket, Thailand. A free day on Tuesday will hopefully be filled with some golf and beach time. There is a 100% chance some alcohol and cigars will be employed.

Rome was awesome. You get so jaded to the history all around you, but it is truly an amazing place. High point was seeing the Colosseum...resolved to buy the Gladiator DVD when I get home; many lines were quoted while inside (I will have my revenge...)

If you ever spill half a bottle of Chianti on your khakis, I highly recommend the laundry at the Sheraton Golf Parco de Medici...not even a trace can be seen.

Surreal experience last night with three colleagues at an Italian bowling alley. We tried to blend in by using the names of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the overhead scoring system - I was Donatello. Contrary to popular belief, Italian bowling shoes do not have those funny flat toes.

That's enough for now...look for further postings from Southeast Asia...

KO

No comments: