Friday, June 05, 2009

There's magic in this mashup.




I can't say enough about this utterly charming video.

The concept is brilliant. The execution is stellar. The song is infectious. The creativity in bringing it to life is enviable.

What a delight and pleasure to see a fresh faced and beautiful Julie Andrews, along with a kinetic, long-limbed Dick Van Dyke. I love the visual and sonic rhythm, the child's voice, the wonder and curiosity expressed through the eyes.

But the reason I watch it again and again -- and the reason I want to share it -- is the emotion it evokes. Joy. Optimism. Happiness. Hope. What a gift.

Next to Keyboard Cat + Walker (which evokes something completely different), this mashup is just about the best thing I've seen in 2009.

It gives me a smile - and "a deep satisfaction."

No comments: