Tuesday, June 01, 2004

So I jumped port in Hong Kong and made my way over to Tibet.

I got a job loopin' over in the Himalayas. You know -- a pro jock. So I get a job loopin' for none other than the Dali Lama himself. The bald head, the flowing robes . . . striking. So we get up on the first tee and he whacks off about a 10,000 foot crevice down into this glacier. A big hitter, the Lama. Long. So he turns to me and says "Oonga-lagoonga..oonga-googa-lagrunga". So we finish 18 and he starts to walk off . . . you know, tries to stiff me. And I say, "Hey Dali, hey Lama. How about a little somethin' for, you know, the effort? A little moola. And he says, "Oh, there will be no money. But on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that going for me, which is nice.

No comments: